After Laser Surgery
After Dental Laser Surgery
Postoperative instructions following dental laser surgery
- Bleeding is uncommon after a laser surgery procedure. If bleeding does occur, apply gauze with slight pressure to site. You will have a slight burning sensation and this is normal.
- Non-alcohol mouthwash can be used.
- Avoid anything hot for 2-3 days. Coffee, tea, soup, etc. should be warm to cold.
- Avoid anything acidic such as vinegar, citrus fruits or tomato juices as there can cause more discomfort.
- The laser healing is initially black and then turns white. It is not infected and it is very rare for a laser surgery site to get infected.
- Pain or discomfort is usually similar to a pizza or coffee burn.